Ms. Carol’s GYMKIDS – Beginner Dance
Beginner dance classes will introduce your child to the joy of movement. This class is a combo class of Ballet and Jazz. The Webster Dictionary describes dance as an act of stepping or moving through a series of movements usually in time to music. The music for ballet has a lot of piano instrumentals and a slower calming sound to the music. The music chosen for jazz is very upbeat, uplifting and fun and just makes you want to move!
When a child is young, learning new things is easier for them. They can adapt and learn more quickly than when they are older. So, once a child begins in dance at an early age, they are not only learning a valued art form but also getting trained for life challenges that are ahead of them. As a child continues to pursue dance, you’ll see more benefits emerging.
Some of the benefits of ballet and jazz for young kids are:
- They develop long and strong muscles from the practice of ballet
- They gain a sense of self-confidence and pride in their bodies and what they can accomplish
- They learn how to work to get what they want out of their performance
- The skills learned in ballet are useful for other forms of dancing like tap, jazz or hip hop.
- They learn about proper nutrition to keep their bodies in shape so they can dance
- They learn to follow instructions
- They gain a sense of discipline through learning new positions
- They learn coordination, balance and how to control their bodies in motion
- They are active and getting daily exercise
- They become comfortable performing before groups